Purch is a rapidly growing, constantly evolving digital content and services company that helps millions of people make smarter purchases. We bring together 350 employees from around the globe who share a commitment to serve our customers with integrity, collaborate to deliver better results, and shape the future of digital publishing.
The Financial Analyst will be an integral member of Purch’s growing Financial Planning and Analysis group. Primary responsibilities will include monthly close activities and analysis, sales compensation administration, business modeling and forecasting. This position will allow for direct exposure to senior and executive-level management and will support all brands and departments within the company.
- Support monthly close activities by reconciling actuals to forecast and researching variances
- Provide monthly and quarterly headcount, revenue and expense analysis for all lines of businesses and departments
- Prepare and publish monthly expense allocations
- Administration of sales commission plan, including calculations and analysis
- Develop and maintain financial models to analyze data and extrapolate historical trends into forward looking forecasts; identify and communicate risks and opportunities
- Reporting in support of monthly and quarterly Board of Directors meetings and presentations
- Build additional reports to support financial reporting, management requests and needs for analysis.
- Collaborate with internal partner groups to gather, analyze and report trends across key performance indicators
- Support business unit managers with business planning by performing value-added analysis
- Leverage financial management and planning software (i.e. Net Suite, Adaptive Planning) to help drive reporting & forecasting process improvement
- BS in Finance or Accounting; MBA or CPA a plus
- A minimum of 5 years Finance/Accounting experience, with at least 1 year in FP&A; experience at a public auditing firm a plus
- Experience supporting a digital media organization is ideal
- Strong Excel skills are a must
- Experience with accounting and management reporting systems; experience using Adaptive Planning, a plus
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and system skills
- Exceptional time management skills and attention to detail
- Superb communication skills, both written and oral
- A personal passion for analyzing business information to identify and understand business trends
- Ability to work successfully in a fast paced, high growth environment