Purch is a rapidly growing, constantly evolving digital content and services company that helps millions of people make smarter purchases. We bring together 350 employees from around the globe who share a commitment to serve our customers with integrity, collaborate to deliver better results, and shape the future of digital publishing. One of our owned and operated sites, TopTenReviews, has an exciting opportunity in our editorial department.
TopTenREVIEWS seeks skilled writers with strong analytical and critical thinking skills and specific knowledge in at least one of its major product categories: software, computers, web services, consumer electronics, or small business. Qualified candidates will have excellent researching skills and a proven capacity to write compelling content to aid readers in making complex buying decisions. We prefer the successful candidate to be located in our Ogden, UT office, and relocation may be available.
- Conducting market research on products within Internet Security Software domain.
- Explaining the features of a product or service and how they benefit the consumer
- Writing authoritative, credible content that is approachable and engaging as well as professional and impeccably well researched.
- Maintaining and updating site content to keep product reviews up-to-date
- BA or BS or equivalent experience
- Preferred degree in communications, journalism, marketing or technical writing but open to other degrees as well
- At least 3–5 years experience including some or all of the following: non-fiction (journalistic-style) writing, market or product research, blog entries on a commercial site.
- Ability to assimilate information from a wide variety of sources
- Strong organizational, analytical, research and writing skills
- Excellent grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Ability to manage data and organize work
- Attention to detail is critical
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality content while managing multiple priorities and meeting aggressive deadlines
- Proficient in primary category including industry knowledge, trends and hands-on experience with associated software and services
- Ability to receive, absorb and act on critical feedback from copy-editors, peers and supervisors
- Aptitude for building effective working relationships and accomplishing tasks in a collaborative team environment
- Photoshop-cloning, resizing images, cropping, image capturing, etc.
- Microsoft Office-basic formatting and organization in Excel and Word, understanding of Outlook and Sharepoint
- Proofreading – for self and peers
Please include a link to an online writing sample.