To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The IT Technician installs, modifies, and makes minor repairs to computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical advice and support to system users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot network issues including routers, firewalls and access points
- Setup and maintain computers, printers, projectors, video and video conferencing equipment
- Load appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components, and office applications
- Install hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drivers on users’ premises
- Provide routine preventative maintenance on IT equipment
To perform this Position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum- High school diploma
- Preferred- Associate degree in IT or graduation from a technical program
Prior Work Experience:
- Minimum- 2 years providing IT support to end users
- Preferred- 5 years providing IT support to end users
- Technical capacity
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency
Or any combination of education, experience, and training which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities
Normal office environment. Frequent sitting and occasional bending/stooping. Frequent operation of a computer and other office productivity equipment with repetitive motions to operate keyboard / mouse. Occasionally may lift up to 30 pounds. May be expected to work overtime or on call shifts. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
NOTE: This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined.