BuyerZone is a Purch owned company. BuyerZone, the leading online marketplace for business purchasing, is seeking a Lead Software Professional to play a key role in an established, proven team.
Description of Duties or Attach Job Description:
Working with the Engineering and Business Directors, the Lead Software Engineer will help shape, guide and influence the technical direction of BuyerZone’s Software Engineering platforms. Utilizing Open Source Technologies, the Lead Software Engineer will utilize his/her experience building scalable software solutions to keep BuyerZone’s technologically competitive for years to come.
The Lead Engineer must feel comfortable leading a team of 2 to 3 software engineers through SDLC by making use of industry standards and current Software Engineering paradigms. The candidate will use his or her team building and leadership skills to mentor junior level staff members, provide technical direction to seasoned software developers, and feel comfortable working with Director and Executive level teammates.
The right candidate looks at technology with an open mind, is forward thinking and focused. When confronted with a business challenge, the candidate will look at all available platforms and provide IT Management assistance in making the correct technology decision for the organization. The candidate will feel comfortable working both independently and collaboratively and will use his or her communication skills to set realistic expectations for the business.
The Lead Engineer will be responsible for assisting the IT Management Team with leading the Software Engineering teams on daily basis.
* Help shape, form and adhere to generally accepted coding standard
* Utilize Open Source technologies to build scalable software solutions
* Understand, drive and communicate SDLC using agile methodologies
* Develop and build software solutions utilizing J2EE
* Develop and Architect SOA Systems
* Experience supporting mission critical systems.
* Experience with multi-threaded applications and parallel programming issues.
* Experience developing Web services and distributed system components.
* Experience developing Web applications using ASP.NET, and AJAX a plus.
* Experience with HTML5, MVC, Spring Boot and other emerging Web technologies.
* Ability to lead and mentor a team of 2 to 3 software engineers
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science and 5+ years of relevant work experience, Masters Degree a plus
* 5+ years Java/J2EE utilizing JBOSS or Tomcat Containers
* Experience writing Chef Recipes in Ruby a plus
* 5+ years ORM Framework experience. Ex: Ibatis, Hibernate, JPA
* 3+ years leading software projects and developers
* 5+ years MySQL
* Web API/REST
* Experience with using scripting languages: Python, Bash, Shell.
* Proficient knowledge of database technologies and SQL performance tuning. MongoDb a plus.