Brief Summary: This role will support the Content/Social Marketing Director in growing digital traffic to both science and technology properties at Purch. These properties include recognized brands like Space.com, Live Science, Business News Daily, Tom’s Guide and Laptop. He/She will act as a key contributor working alongside Editorial, Design, E-Commerce and Ad Sales to push digital initiatives across defined social channels as well as creating and publishing original content that is outside of our traditional Editorial workflows.
- Plan, create and schedule fresh engaging content for assigned social channels from our Editorial team. Includes images, videos and written articles/infographics.
- Increase brand awareness through consistent, relevant marketing strategies (Social Media, Content Curation, Newletters, etc).
- Work with Senior Leadership to establish content, promotion and engagement and conversion strategies.
- Monitor all major KPI’s for social and content efforts with monthly reporting on trends that are working/not working for the brands that you manage.
- Identify gaps in our coverage and be able to curate original content from outside sources (even the competition) in order to fill those gaps and make assigned properties the primary destination for our fans.
- Basic idea of lead gen tactics and strategy when it comes to content curation.
What we’re looking for:
- 2-3 years handling social outreach for major brands in the science or tech vertical. In depth knowledge of social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, StumbleUpon, Pinterest, Instagram and Snapchat
- 1+ years writing for a blog or other publication.
- Prior experience working in a newsroom setting is preferred. Journalists who are looking for the next stage in their career are welcome as well.
- Organization is key. Pay special attention to grammar, style, formatting and knowledge of the space. Ability to tackle sensitive social discussions while keeping your own opinion out of the discussion.
- Play’s nicely with others and able to give feedback to other internal clients while taking constructive criticism when given.