Live Science is seeking a staff writer for our health section. Candidates should have a degree in journalism, and 2+ years experience writing about health, science or tech at a major mainstream publication (or equivalent). Candidates should be excited about working in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will cover breaking health news and major findings in peer-reviewed journals, and will also be great at digging up odd and interesting medical stories and covering health technologies. We want a self-starter who is a crisp writer, familiar with AP style and great at learning from feedback. This is a full-time position in our office in the Flat Iron district. Duties:
- Research & write knowledgeable, accurate reference articles in a wide range of categories.
- Help maintain & update Reference article database: Update older articles, add new information, relevant links, videos, infographics, etc.
- Back-up Editing. This person would take on some editing duties in Reference Editor’s absence.
Science topics may include:
Business topics may include:
- Sales & Marketing
- Journalism degree or 2+ years journalism experience
- Firm grasp of AP style required
- Proficient in English grammar and usage
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Proficient with Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Adept at working with Word’s Track Changes feature
- Ability to identify and use credible online resources to research topics
- Strong organizational and analytical approach to projects