Purch is on a mission to make complex buying decisions easy. And with over 78M visits every month on sites such as Tom’s Hardware, TopTenReviews, LaptopMag or Space.com, we are one of the largest technology and science media companies in the world.
The Performance Marketing Specialist will play a critical role in implementing, optimizing, scaling and reporting on performance based advertising revenue (Pay per action, lead generation, ecommerce). The right candidate will be data-driven to identify opportunities across our properties and offer optimization recommendations to the workflows and page templates. Our goal is to improve the user experience by providing more efficient buying recommendations which in turn will generate more revenue for Purch.
• Analyze conversion funnels and suggest areas of opportunity
• Understand our clients KPI to deliver the right audience and optimize the yield for Purch
• Set-up A/B or multi-variant experiments and QA of experiments to ensure they are working as intended
• Ongoing monitoring of experiments to ensure data is capturing correctly. Analysis of test results and compiling of documentation relating to results
• Define marketing messages that will deliver leads to our clients and work with the design team to create relevant ads
• Partner with product and design teams to improve the sites templates
• Create and deliver reporting on an ongoing basis that analyze key metrics
• Strong understanding of web site performance drivers, and the ability to use data to drive fundamental web marketing decisions and strategies
• Strong knowledge of Web Analytics
• Strong Experience with multi-variant testing tools and methodologies
• Very strong Excel skills
• Ability to think creatively and work independently
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Meticulous/thorough with details and incredibly organized and proactive.
• Previous experience in ecommerce or affiliate marketing required
• BS required
• Knowledge of Adobe Analytics (Omniture)
Working at Purch
When our team of award-winning editors and experts aren’t running system building contests, contemplating manned missions to Mars or talking about the latest ‘must-have’ gadgets on national television, they’re at home overclocking CPUs, skygazing in the wilderness, and obsessively tweeting on their smartphones. In short, we’re a culture of tech and science lovers and our passion shows in everything we do. The people who work for us are dynamic, brilliant and inventive. Expectations for our employees focus primarily on results produced, rather than any antiquarian notions of work leftover from an agrarian age. We’re digital, and our people absolutely know what they are talking about. We’re smarter, less mercurial and volatile than other corporate media setups in the same fields, and we take a lot of pride in both our agility and our stability. We’re no-nonsense and extraordinarily pragmatic while still hanging on to all the exciting stuff that makes what we do fun.
Benefits & Perks
Great team members. People you’ll enjoy being around.
Small team big impact. Everything you do makes a difference.
Rest and relaxation. 15 days of paid vacation and 10 days of paid Holidays.
Fair compensation. Competitive salary and benefits.