BuyerZone is a division of Purch, the only tech and science publisher that combines trusted editorial content with expert communities and integrated commerce experiences, reaching more than 78 million consumers worldwide– and we’re growing fast! Our premium portfolio of tech and science brands, including TopTenREVIEWS, Tom’s Hardware, LAPTOP, Tom’s Guide, Space.com, and LiveScience, offers a diversified mix of original, trusted content, from up-to-date technology reviews to down-to earth explanations of the wonders of science and the happenings in space. We have more than 350 employees located in seven offices across the globe, with media properties operating in eight different languages.
The company is entering an exciting stage of growth as we aim to become the number one tech and science publisher in the world.
BuyerZone is in need of an ambitious, driven person to help fuel our growing B2B affiliate program.
The Affiliate Marketing Coordinator role is an ideal position for someone who is self-motivated and enjoys working in the fast-paced online space. This position will focus exclusively on recruiting new affiliate/publisher partners that drive quality traffic for our desired target audiences.
Outstanding candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, exceptional client relationship talent, and a strong aptitude for organization and attention to detail. Previous experience that demonstrates your ability to identify, recruit, qualify, negotiate and close online affiliate relationships/business development partnerships in targeted vertical areas is a big plus.
• Research/prospect for new affiliates in targeted market areas and verticals – mainly through Internet research
• Recruit affiliates through cold calls, email, LinkedIn and trade shows/events
• Qualify promising affiliates who would be compatible to promoting our offers
• Effectively identify needs and offer quality solutions
• Negotiate payout structures for affiliates
• Work closely with the Online Marketing and Sales teams to maximize opportunities and ensure high quality traffic
• Participate in strategy development
• Monthly revenue responsibilities
Required skill set:
• At least two years of experience in sales or marketing, ideally in online affiliate or business development type roles
• Comfort with cold-calling and professional phone etiquette
• Strong track record of meeting and exceeding aggressive targets and goals
• Solid understanding of online advertising/marketing, pricing structures (especially paid and organic search) and typical link/tracking technology
• Excellent attention to detail, highly organized and flexible
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently as a motivated team player
• Ability to work collaboratively to ensure smooth execution of partnerships
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• Strong ability to analyze data and extract key learnings
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), Salesforce.com experience a plus