Business News Daily ( Purch owned website), one of the nation’s leading small business publications, is looking for talented writer who will join our team of reporters in New York.
- Our ideal candidate will have a strong writing background (in any field) and likes to learn new things all the time.
- This writer will work both on quick short stories (one per day), as well as long, researched pieces that can take up to a month to research and write. You must be comfortable with both kinds of reporting.
- This role requires a reporter who can think like a detective, an entrepreneur and a guidance counselor. That’s because our readers rely on us to help them start and grow their businesses and make important buying decisions.
- Most importantly, you have the ability to put yourself in the shoes of our reader and imagine what you would want to know if you were starting your own business.
- You like to work with others who might think differently than you, are open to new ideas and can change course as our needs shift.
- You won’t be offended if your stories are heavily edited or sent back for multiple revisions.
- Digital media is in an ever-changing business and our approach to covering small business issues, products and services will continue to evolve and change over time. You must be excited about solving problems, creating new ways to work and discovering new approaches to reporting.
- Your greatest talent is your ability to change, learn and grow.
What we want from you
Rather than send a cover letter with your resume, please visit BusinessNewsDaily.com andpick three stories you think would help or inspire you if you were going to start a small business and, in a few sentences, tell us why for each.
This position will be based in New York City Office ( 150, Fifth ave, 9th Fl ) OR remote.